Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ash vs. Separatism

The glorious grandiosity that is the Australian pride cannot overshadow the ridiculous amount of debt the Rudd Labor government has vomited all over our people. Fair call there is a recession and funds are short, but in times like these, the Labor ideology of “cradle to grave” welfare and increased separatism is not the way to bring the country out of the Red. We need someone who has a tougher stance on unnecessary funding. We need someone strong enough to sometimes abandon party politics and policies in favour of the greater good. In short, we need John Howard.

The fact of the matter is that this deficit will not fix itself overnight; Labor have this running idea that we can eradicate twice the amount of debt achieved by the last Liberal government in half the time. That is a ridiculously unrealistic goal. Labor is notorious for making debt, and Liberal has been there to pick up the pieces (look at the Keating government for Christ’s sake!!). Kevin Rudd is not suited to run this country – his stupidly “generous” mishandling of the nation’s spenditure has forced us into debt. The Swudd Budget is a disgrace.

But the point of this topic is not the budget essentially, but the increasing relevance in today’s society of the separatism of the people – In other words, some people getting a greater advantage over others because of their place in a minority group. This is not fair. I believe in the conservative ideology that you should work for your buck. I hate moochers. I hate the fact people walk into Centrelink and are handed over cash for being lazy sons of bitches.

Austudy and the Youth Allowance is a particular peeve of mine. I believe you should only take from the government what you desperately need, and nothing if you have the means of making your own money. Fair enough if you’re forced out of home and can’t make ends meet while studying; fair enough you have a full course load and can’t work; fair enough if you’re moving away from home to study; fair enough if you are disabled and can’t work and study. I don’t want to restrict the welfare state to nothing; I just want the means testing to be reviewed. You shouldn’t get anything if you simply can’t be bothered finding work, or working a few extra hours, and it’s absolute bullshit to say you need more time to study. People have been doing it for years and getting excellent grades, and most people now days have contact time of less than 20 hours a week anyway. Stop complaining and harden the fuck up. Get a job; quit being a leech on our government.

I also think the benefits handed out to the indigenous community are unfair and completely guilt driven. What has happened to them in the past is unforgivable, I admit it, but I did not participate in the Stolen Generation. Kevin Rudd, Malcolm Turnbull, Pauline Hanson and the rest of the people running this country did not participate. It was not our fault. The fact is we can’t keep punishing ourselves for what happened decades ago, it does not allow us to move on as a country. As John Howard said, “Guilt is not hereditary”, and he’s right. I think it was a terrible injustice, but I’m not about to stand back and watch as the community takes from the government, believing it’s their right, and then giving nothing in return. We are all human and perfectly capable of getting a job – why is it those of colour can receive greater benefits than say, that of a disabled person who has no chance of holding down a steady job? The government needs to stop feeling so guilty and start seeing the situation as it is; they are human too. Their blood runs the same red, and it is not our fault for our past. I can be compassionate, but I am not stupid.

Besides, isn’t war a part of history? A part of human nature? I don’t condone war, or the bloodiness history. Fair enough we have a Sorry Day, and we yearly recognise their hardships, but taking money because they can is not okay. It’s not okay for anyone.

I’m not preaching racism or anything of the like, but I express the need for things to change. Everyone is equal, but in the words of Orwell, does separatism make some more equal than others? No one should be given an advantage because of their skin colour or racial history. That is not fair on those who are out there, working hard every day to provide for their family. My parents never got anything, hell they had the pay the government back when they received the baby handout everyone was getting 20 years ago. The first money they ever received was the Krudd $900 handout. But I turned out fine, my sister turned out fine – we are still alive. My folks struggled for money for many years, but I’m pretty damn sure they’re not dead.

So ask yourself- Is it fair people getting offered free money based on their colour, age, racial background, or just because they’re too damn lazy? I pay those tax dollars, and I sure as hell don’t want my money going to those who don’t need it.

But I’m sure those who read it, will just take the money anyway, totally ignoring the point of this whole blog, or labelling me a racist (which I'm not), because I picked on a minority group. I'm just expressing the view that NO ONE, despite colour, age, race, history, or state of their left foot has the right to just take money for no legitimate reason. To each according to his need. Thats the way it should be.

No comments: