Thursday, June 4, 2009

Archive (15/3/2009): Self Censorship and my own Contradictions

I have pretty much fallen down the slippery unrestrained-bitching slope as of late and I want to clear a few things up before I go back to doing on this site what I do best (pretty much unrestrained-bitching...I really can’t be changed).

I was narcissistic to the point that I believe that what I have to say has value, however was smart enough to know that those of value don’t exactly read it. Hell, my theory was blown out of the water when I came close to losing my job over my “A Compass Pointing South” rant after I had had enough of one of my managers. Apparently it travelled across from the Greenwood before I was confronted by the Big Cheese. To those who read anything I write, especially those who are studying, would probably have been this told at least once; in the real world, what you have to say means nothing unless you have the means to say it. Or in other words, nothing I say means Jack Shit until I get my BA and MA in a few years. Why do you think essays need to be fully referenced – that nothing would be accepted unless it came from a credible source? It’s because your opinion is worthless. Educated academics look at anyone who makes an opinion public as we would view Teeny-Boppers; We were once like them, would never admit it, and hate them for it. This is why everything that I say should be taken with a pinch of salt. Or a fistful.

But, having said that, I will not stop writing these notes. They break the melancholy of constant uni work nicely. I'll say what I want and know I have no credibility, but I think I'll leave Compass alone for now (money is important these days) - I do apologize for making the Chinese Whispers public.

I also want to point out how much of a hypocrite I am – purely because in one of my previous entries entitled “Compassion in the Political Spectrum” I took the mickey out of my lecturer for publically humiliating Julie Bishop. Here I am doing the same thing (Although he is an academic), and even though I in no way though I had the audience I did. Turns out I do, so my bad! Another reason to NOT listen to me and just enjoy my fits of anger.

I’m not taking back what I wrote, but seriously. I’m 19. I’m a student. Why would you listen to me?

If this is the shit I’m stirring now, it’s awesome to think what I’ll be doing in 10 years.

You know you love me

xx

No comments: